Friday, May 28, 2010

Sun, Sand and Motorcycles in Dahanu

A short blog this week. I'm heading off to travel for two weeks in South India next week, so I'll see what I can do to keep you entertained while I'm away.

This trip with the Firelords Enfield club started with a 4am wakeup, then a punishing motorcycle ride north-west to the coast of the Arabian sea. The traffic in Thane, a suburb of Mumbai, really reminded me of Toronto. Riding through the Western ghats north along the highway to Surat was very scenic. Being a pillion rider is not easy, and by the end of it I was exhausted, dehydrated, in pain, and obviously very upset. Dinner and drinks under the palm trees helped a little.

The next day was spent eating, and taking photos on the beach. The water was way too silty to swim, so I took a dip in the hotel pool instead. There were only six of us left: me, Yogesh, Nipun, Aditi, Amit, and Vijay.

The ride back went much better, with regular food, drink, and rest stops, including a McDonald's stop where I got a Happy Meal with a Fiona toy. Yah! Punch!

1 comment:

  1. By the time you come back to Canada, you will have seen the entire length and breadth of India! What an achievement. The motor cycle ride seems to have been hard. Look forward to pictures of South India.

    Arun

    ReplyDelete